Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Digital Story


 
For this digital story I used PowerPoint to combine my images and collected quotes together into a slideshow and then I used Screenr to capture my narration and the full slideshow together.  I wanted to use Screenr to practice with it further and to overcome the obstacles originally experienced with creating our group podcast.  The background music I used came from freemusicarchive.com and is part of their creative commons licensed music bank. 

I decided to use this combination to describe me because quotes and photography are both a very big part of my interests.  And with my professional teaching aspirations, the combination with educational quotes felt like a natural expression for "my digital story."  I hope you enjoy it. 

4 comments:

  1. So many wonderful quotes and images! Every time I thought I'd heard "my favorite," the next one would be even better! What an amazing collection you've put together, and I really do get a strong sense of who you are through this story. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, what an inspirational video! I would like to keep this to review periodically and remind me why we are doing what we are doing! You are well spoken and the quotes and pictures were perfect. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pleasure to hear you recite so many inspiring quotes related to life and learning. Reflecting on Steve's class, I think Frost's quote that "I am not a teacher, but an awakener," captures the essence of what teaching in the 21st century means. I'm sure your voice and vision will enable many students to awaken to the many wonders of the world, great and small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was wonderful, and all of the powerful imagery and quotes really added "oomph" to the presentation. Oh, and I really liked the opening with the words in the windowpane :)

    ReplyDelete